Buzz Williams Clinic Notes
What is the intent of your heart?
◄The intent of my heart is that I say one thing that impacts the world you live in.
One of the 3 worst things players can say: “I got this.”
◄Compared to the spelling bee video –https://youtu.be/InpMZ4DNi0M
Just like this kid, when players say, “I got this,” it means I know it, I don’t have to ask you anything or listen to you. At the Spelling Bee a speller is given two minutes and thirty seconds from when a word is first pronounced, to spell a word in its entirety. The first two minutes are known as “Regular Time”, the final thirty seconds is known as “Finish Time”. During this time limit, a speller is allowed to ask the pronouncer for the following information
- The definition of the word
- The word’s part of speech
- The word’s usage in a sentence
- The word’s language(s) of origin (not the complete etymology, even though some spellers refer to the language(s) of origin as the etymology)
- Alternate pronunciations of the word
- Alternate definitions of the word
- Whether or not the word contains a specified root; this may
only be asked providing the speller can state the root in
question, the root’s language of origin, and the root’s definition.
As a Coach, I want those kids. I do not want “I got this,” kids.
- NAA= Never Assume Anything
- Everything Matters
- Words We Use
Culture = Habits/Practices
◄The language of your leadership is your influence.
◄Your language with your team needs to be one voice. Everyone needs to use the same language/words.