I started this blog in 2015 to share coaching thoughts, notes, plays, and other resources. If you would like to contribute to HoopsChalkTalk contact me at email@example.com.
Coach Wes Kosel – @CoachKosel
- 2017-present – Assistant Coach, Colorado College (NCAA Division III)
- 2016-2017 – Assistant Coach, Augustana University (NCAA Division II)
- 2014-2016 – Assistant Coach, Colorado College (NCAA Division III)
- 2012-2014 – Assistant Coach, Texas Lutheran (NCAA Division III)
- 2011-2012 – Assistant Coach, Haskell Indian Nations University (NAIA Division II)
Wes Kosel is in his first season as an assistant coach with the Augustana men’s basketball team in 2016-17.
Kosel joined Augustana after spending two seasons as a member of the Colorado College men’s basketball staff. He also served as the head coach of the junior varsity team at Colorado College in 2015-16.
A native of Bartlesville, Oklahoma, Kosel was an assistant coach at Texas Lutheran University from 2012-14. He graduated from the University of Kansas in 2012 with a bachelor’s degree in exercise science. He also earned his master’s degree in physical education from the University of Houston.
Kosel has worked summer camps for the Houston Rockets, University of Houston, Texas State University, Texas A&M Corpus Christi, University of Colorado and the University of New Mexico.
Kosel is a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) and a Certified Personal Trainer, both of which are certifications earned through the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA).
Kosel and his wife, Molly, live in Sioux Falls.