4 Horns Options from Golden State
This article was originally featured on FastModelSports.com
Here are 4 Horns Options from Golden State. In option 1, Curry attacks the high staggered ball-screen from left to right. As Curry dribbles right, Bogut and Lee move down to the corner to screen for Thompson. If Curry doesn’t have a shot, he passes ot Thompson at the top of the key. In option 2, Curry splits the high staggered ball-screen at the top of the key for a drive or shot. In option 3, Curry drives into the lane looking to pass to Bogut rolling to the corner or he can kick it out for a 3-point shot. In option 4, Igoudala moves to the right side of the floor. As Curry drives off of the screen, Bogut rolls and Lee pops. If Lee gets the ball, he looks to drive or pass out for a shot.
- Curry looks to attack off of the high staggered screen from Bogut and Lee.
Curry is looking for a shot or an opportunity to penetrate and pitch.
- Curry dribbles off of the high screen toward the wing.
Once Curry is out, Bogut and Lee step down to set a staggered screen for Thompson in the corner.
Thompson sets his man up then cuts off of the screen looking for the shot.
- If Bogut and Lee are spaced out, Curry can drive off of the screen from the high man and shoot in between the screen if Bogut’s defender is not in position to help.
- Curry uses the staggered ball-screen at the top of the key and drives toward the basket. Curry can pass to Bogut rolling to the rim or can pitch out to either corner.
- Curry uses the staggered ball-screen at the top of the key and dribbles toward the wing.
Bogut rolls to the rim.
- Curry pass the ball to Lee at the top of the key.
Lee has the option to shoot, drive to the basket, or use the Hi/Lo action and pass to Bogut inside.