LA Clippers Baseline Options
This article was originally featured on FastModelSports.com
Here are a few baseline screening actions used by the LA Clippers. In option 1, the defender jumps the screen. In option 2, the defender chases 3 on the screen. In option 3, 3 uses a staggered screen to get a shot on the opposite side of the floor. Option 3 also includes a flare for the point guard on middle penetration.
- 2 sets a cross screen for 3.
In this example, x3 attempts to go over the screen.
- If this happens, 2 turns and sets a screen for 3 going the opposite direction.
3 changes directions and cuts off of 5 to the wing where he started.
2 cuts to the wing off of 4.
1 passes to 3 or 2 for a shot.
- In this option, 3 cuts over the screen and x3 follows.
- 3 continues around 2 and cuts back to the wing where he started.
This option is similar to Option 1, but 3 goes over the screen instead of under.
- In this option, 3 runs straight to the opposite wing off of 2 and 4.
After screening for 3, 2 cuts to the opposite wing off of 5.
1 passes to 3.
- 3 looks to attack the elbow.
As x1 helps on the penetration, 5 steps up and sets a back-screen on x1.
1 flares off of 5 for a shot.