Reno Big Horns SLOB Scissor
This article was originally featured on FastModelSports.com
In this SLOB from Coach David Arseneault Jr., the Big Horns start with an interchange of 4 and 3 to the blocks and 1 cutting up alone to the top of the key to get the ball. 1 then takes the ball to the opposite side of the floor sending 2 on a cross-screen at the free-throw line to the left wing and 3 to the right corner away from the action. If 2 isn’t open, 1 gets a ball-screen from 4 who sprints to the ball-screen off of a down-screen from 5. The action at the top of the key opens up pick & roll as well as a duck-in for 5 inside.
- 3 cuts first to the opposite block.
4 cuts second.
After 4 has cleared the screen, 5 turns to down screen for 1.
- 2 passes to 1 at the top of the key.
- 1 dribbles to the left as 2 cuts across the floor off of a screen from 5.
3 cuts to the opposite corner off of a screen from 4.
- 5 sets a down screen for 4.
4 sprints off of the screen straight into a ball-screen for 1.
- 4 rolls to the basket and 5 looks to post up his defender down low.
1 looks to shoot, pass to 4 on the roll, or hit 5 posting up.