Larry Shyatt Offensive Continuity Concepts by Hal Gullick
ADU is the University of Wyoming Basketball Team’s Identity.
- Offensively they attack quickly after makes or misses and must get a piece of the paint with hard cuts, screening, and rebounding.
- Defensively they maintain constant pressure on their opponents to force them to react to what they are doing defensively.
- Offensively they play fundamentally sound with their ball handling, passing, screening, and spacing, with smart passes and shot selections.
- Defensively they take pride in the ‘Super 7’ every possession. (Transition, Ball Pressure, Closeouts, Helpside, Post Defense, Affecting Shots, and Blockouts)
- Offensively they are an extra pass and Early, Loud, and Continuous team.
- Defensively they are a hustling rotational team that covers for their teammates and are an Early, Loud, and Continuous team.
C Game & Thru Ball Screen Continuity
- 2 post
- 2 wide wings
- Baseline runner
- Double screen from post
- Wing cuts
- Dribble handoff
Hal Gullick is currently the Boys’ Varsity Assistant Coach at Bishop McGuinness Catholic High School in Oklahoma City, OK. Prior to McGuinness, he was the Lead Varsity Assistant/Junior Varsity Head Basketball Coach at Norman High School for two years. Coach Gullick also served as the lead Varsity Assistant/Junior Varsity Girls’ Basketball Coach at Bishop McGuinness for three seasons.
Coach Gullick started his coaching career at the MAYB, AAU, and Junior High ranks in Arkansas, where he served as head boys’ basketball coach for multiple summer teams and programs. Gullick has coached at various basketball camps and clinics throughout Arkansas and Oklahoma. He serves as a lead coach for the Kevin Durant Basketball ProCamps, and is also a USA Basketball licensed coach. Coach Gullick is a former student-athlete from the state of Arkansas where he also played high school basketball. While playing in Arkansas, he earned All-District, All-Regional, and Arkansas All-State honors. He brings a wealth of knowledge and experience on and off the court as a former player and as a coach.
Coach Gullick is a graduate of the University of Central Oklahoma where he earned a B.S. in Education, and is currently attending the University of Oklahoma pursuing a M.Ed. in Adult and Higher Education with an emphasis in Intercollegiate Athletic Administration.