NC State Wolfpack Set Plays
Below are two set plays from NC State during the 2015 NCAA Tournament. Both plays were originally featured on FastModelSports.com.
BLOB Double Loop
NC State used this BLOB play in the second half against LSU. The play is meant to get a 3-point shot by running 2 off of a double screen at the free-throw line. However, NC State makes a good read and the point guard takes his man to the basket after 3 clears to the opposite side of the floor. 1 drives to the basket and forces LSU to foul on the penetration.
- 1 cuts from the block out to the corner.2 cuts off of a double screen from 4 and 5 out to the 3-point line.
- 1 looks to pass to 2 for a shot.If 2 isn’t open, 1 takes his man to the basket for the lay-up.
NC State used this play early in the 1st half to get an open shot for Trevor Lacey. The play starts with an entry pass to the wing and a UCLA cut from 1 to the low post. Once 3 (Lacey) gets the ball at the top of the key, he has the option to pass to 1 for a shot or to pass to 4 flashing to the pinch post. If Lacey passes to 4, he loops around him at the elbow looking for a hand-off and a shot.
- 1 passes to 2 cutting up from the corner to the wing.
- 1 makes a UCLA cut off of 5 to the low post.If 1 isn’t open, 2 passes to 3 cutting to the top of the key.
- 2 and 5 move down to set a double down screen for 1.4 flashes up to the pinch post.
3 can pass to 1 for a shot or to 4 at the elbow.
- 3 loops around 4 looking for a hand-off and a shot.