Butler NCAA Tournament Sets
Below are two NCAA Tournament Sets from Butler during the 2015 NCAA Tournament. These plays were originally published on FastModelSports.com.
Butler Point Flare
- 1 starts the play by dribbling to the right.2 cuts to the opposite corner.
3 cuts to the ball-side corner off of a ball-screen from 5.
If 3 isn’t open, 4 flashes to the high post.
1 passes to 4.
- Once 4 has the ball, 3 sets a flare screnn for 1.1 flares to the wing looking for the pass from 4.
If open, 1 takes the shot.
- If 1 doesn’t have a shot, he looks to drive baseline.5 takes his man under the basket and posts up.
3 replaces 1 for a pitch back if needed.
Butler ATO Down Stagger
- 1 dribbles to the right side of the floor.5 sets a down screen for 3 (Dunham).
1 passes to 3 at the top of the key.
- 5 and 4 move towards 3 to set a staggered ball-screen.In this option, 3 (Dunham) turns down the screen and drives to the basket.